CE504 Structural Design & Drawing – I (RCC) CE 5th sem CIVIL Engineering(CE) 5th Semester RGTU/RGPVSyllabus
CE504 Structural Design & Drawing – I (RCC) Course Contents:
Basic Principles of Structural Design : Assumptions, Mechanism of load transfer, Various properties of concrete and reinforcing steel, Introduction to working stress method and limit state methods of design, partial safety factor for load and material. Calculation of various loads for structural design of singly reinforced beam, Partial load factors.
Unit - II.
Design of Beams: Doubly reinforced rectangular & Flanged Beams, Lintel, Cantilever, simply
supported and continuous beams, Beams with compression reinforcement: Redistribution of
moments in continuous beams, Circular girders: Deep beams. Design of beam for shear and
Design of Slabs: Slabs spanning in one direction. Cantilever, Simply supported and Continous slabs, Slabs spanning in two directions, Circular slabs, Waffle slabs, Flat slabs, Yield line theory.
Columns & Footings: Effective length of columns, Short and long cloumns- Square, Rectangular and Circular columns, Isolated and combined footings, Strap footing, Columns subjected to axial loads and bending moments (sections with no tension), Raft foundation.
Staircases: Staircases with waist slab having equal and unequal flights with different support conditions,Slabless tread-riser staircase.
NOTE :- All the designs for strength and serviceability should strictly be as per the latest version of IS:456. Use of SP-16 (Design aids)
Suggested Books: -
1. Plain & Reinforced Concrete Vol. I & II – O.P. Jain & Jay Krishna
2. Limit State Design by P.C.Varghese ; Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi
3. Design of Reinforced Concrete Elements by Purushothman; Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi
4. Reinforced Cement Concrete by Gupta & Mallick, Oxford and IBH
5. Reinforced Cement Concrete by P. Dayaratnam, Oxford and IBH
6. Plain & reinforced concrete - Rammuttham
7. Plain & reinforced concrete – B.C. Punnia
8. Structural Design & Drawing by N.K.Raju.
CE502 Advanced Surveying Syllabus
CE503 Fluid Mech. – II Syllabus
CE 505 Theory of Structure -I Syllabus