AU 803 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning AU, 8th (V) Semester Revised syllabus Automobile Engineering(AU)
Unit-II Vapour compression system: Vapor compression cycle, p-h and t-s diagrams, deviations from theoretical cycle, sub-cooling and super heating, effects of condenser and evaporator pressure on cop;multi-pressure system: removal of flash gas, multiple expansion & compression with flash inter cooling; low temperature refrigeration: production of low temperatures, cascade system, dry ice, production of dry ice, air liquefaction system,.
Unit-III (a) Vapour absorption system: Theoretical and practical systems such as aqua-ammonia,
electrolux & other systems; (b) Steam jet refrigeration: Principles and working, simple cycle of
operation, description and working of simple system, (c) refrigerants: nomenclature & classification, desirable properties, common refrigeration, comparative study, leak detection methods, environment friendly refrigerants and refrigerant mixtures, brine and its properties
ME803 Ad Hoc Networks References:
1. Arora CP; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning; TMH
2. Sapali SN; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning; PHI
3. Ananthanarayan; Basic Refrigeration and Air conditioning; TMH
4. Manohar Prasad; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning; New Age Pub
5. Ameen; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning; PHI
6. Pita ; Air conditioning Principles and systems: an energy approach; PHI
7. Stoecker W.F, Jones J; Refrigeration and Air conditioning; McGH, Singapore
8. Jordan RC and Priester GB Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, PHI USA
9. Arora RC; Refrigeration and Air conditioning; PHI Learning
List of Experiments (Please Expand it): Refrigeration and Air Conditioning AU/ ME 803
1. General Study of vapor compression refrigeration system.
2. General Study of Ice Plant
3. General Study and working of cold storage
4. General Study Trane Air Condition (Package Type).
5. General Study of Electrolux Refrigeration
6. General Study One tone Thermax refrigeration unit.
7. General Study of Water cooler
8. General Study of Psychrometers (Absorption type)
9. General Study of Leak Detectors (Halide Torch).
10. General Study and working of Gas charging Rig.
11. General Study of window Air Conditioner.
12. General Study and working of Vapor compression Air conditioning Test rig.
13. Experimentation on Cold Storage of Calculate COP & Heat Loss.
14. Experimentation on Vapor compression Air Conditioning test rig.
15. Changing of Refrigerant by using Gas Charging Kit.