ME 6th sem Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) syllabus RGTU/RGPV ME-607 Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) syllabus
Practical in CAD/CAM lab covering following topics:
Unit 2 Types of analysis in CAE, static (linear/ non linear), dynamic, buckling, thermal, fatigue, crash NVH and CFD, review of normal, shear, torsion, stress-strain; types of forces and moments, tri-axial stresses, moment of inertia, how to do meshing, 1-2-3-d elements and length of elements; force stiffness and displacement matrix, Rayleigh-Ritz and Galerkin FEM; analytical and FEM solution for single rod element and two rod assembly.
Unit 3 Two-dimension meshing and elements for sheet work and thin shells, effect of mesh density and biasing in critical region, comparison between tria and quad elements, quality checks, jacobian, distortion, stretch, free edge, duplicate node and shell normal.
Unit 4 Three-dimension meshing and elements, only 3 DOF, algorithm for tria to tetra conversion, floating and fixed trias, quality checks for tetra meshing, brick meshing and quality checks, special elements and techniques, introduction to weld, bolt, bearing and shrink fit simulations, CAE and test data correlations, post processing techniques
Unit 5 Review of linear optimization, process and product optimization, design for manufacturing (DFM) aspects in product development, use of morphing technique in FEA, classical design for infinite life and design for warranty life, warranty yard meetings and functional roles, climatic conditions and design abuses, case studies.
1. Gokhle Nitin; et al; Practical Finite Element Analysis; Finite to Infinite, 686 Budhwar Peth, Pune.
2. Logan DL ; A First Course in Finite element Method; Cegage
3. Krishnamoorthy; Finite Element Analysis, theory and programming; TMH
4. Buchanan; Finite Element Analysis; Schaum series; TMH
5. Seshu P; Textbook of Finite Element Analysis; PHI.
6. Chennakesava RA; Finite Element Methods-Basic Concepts and App; PHI Learning
7. Reddy JN; An introduction to finite element method; TMH
8. Desai Chandrakant S et al; Introduction to finite element Method; CBS Pub
9. Hutton D; Fundamentals of Finite Element Analysis; TMH
10. Zienkiewicz; The finite element Method; TMH
11. Martin and Grahm; Introduction to finite element Analysis (Theory and App.)
12. Rao, S.S., The Finite Element Method in Engineering; Peragamon Press, Oxford.
13. Robert DC., David DM et al, Concepts and Application of Finite Element Analysis; John Wiley.
14. Chandrupatla, T.R. an Belegundu, A.D., Introduction to Finite Elements in Engineering,PHI