Unit II Study of Greedy strategy, examples of greedy method like optimal merge patterns, Huffman coding, minimum spanning trees, knapsack problem, job sequencing with deadlines, single source shortest path algorithm, etc.
Unit III Concept of dynamic programming, problems based on this approach such as 0/1 knapsack, multistage graph, reliability design, Floyd-Warshall algorithm, etc.
Unit IV Backtracking concept and its examples like 8 queen’s problem, Hamiltonian cycle, Graph coloring problem etc. Introduction to branch & bound method, examples of branch and bound method like traveling salesman problem etc. Meaning of lower bound theory and its use in solving algebraic problem, introduction to parallel algorithms.
Unit V Binary search trees, height balanced trees, 2-3 trees, B-trees, basic search and traversal techniques for trees and graphs (In order, preorder, postorder, DFS, BFS), NP-completeness.
Analysis & Design of Algorithm (ADA) References:
1. Coremen Thomas, Leiserson CE, Rivest RL; Introduction to Algorithms; PHI.
2. Horowitz & Sahani; Analysis & Design of Algorithm
3. Dasgupta; algorithms; TMH
4. Ullmann; Analysis & Design of Algorithm;
5. Michael T Goodrich, Robarto Tamassia, Algorithm Design, Wiely India
List of Experiments Analysis & Design of Algorithm (ADA) ( expandable):
1. Write a program for Iterative and Recursive Binary Search.
2. Write a program for Merge Sort.
3. Write a program for Quick Sort.
4. Write a program for Strassen’s Matrix Multiplication.
5. Write a program for optimal merge patterns.
6. Write a program for Huffman coding.
7. Write a program for minimum spanning trees using Kruskal’s algorithm.
8. Write a program for minimum spanning trees using Prim’s algorithm.
9. Write a program for single sources shortest path algorithm.
10. Write a program for Floye-Warshal algorithm.
11. Write a program for traveling salesman problem.
12. Write a program for Hamiltonian cycle problem