Unit-II Control Unit Organization: Hardwired control unit, Micro and nano programmed control unit,
Control Memory, Address Sequencing, Micro Instruction formats, Micro program sequencer, Microprogramming,
Arithmetic and Logic Unit: Arithmetic Processor, Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, Floating point and decimal arithmetic and arithmetic units, design of arithmetic unit.
Unit-III Input Output Organization: Modes of data transfer – program controlled, interrupt driven and direct memory access, Interrupt structures, I/O Interface, Asynchronous data transfer, I/O processor, 8085 I/O structure, 8085 instruction set and basic programming. Data transfer – Serial / parallel, synchronous/asynchronous, simplex/half duplex and full duplex.
Unit-IV Memory organization: Memory Maps, Memory Hierarchy, Cache Memory - Organization and
mappings. Associative memory, Virtual memory, Memory Management Hardware.
Unit V Multiprocessors: Pipeline and Vector processing, Instruction and arithmetic pipelines, Vector and array processors, Interconnection structure and inter-processor communication.
1. Morris Mano: Computer System Architecture, PHI.
2. Tanenbaum: Structured Computer Organization, Pearson Education
3. J P Hayes, Computer Architecture and Organisations, Mc- Graw Hills, New Delhi
4. Gaonkar: Microprocessor Architecture, Programming, Applications with 8085; Penram Int.
5. William Stallings: Computer Organization and Architecture, PHI
6. ISRD group; Computer orgOrganization; TMH
7. Carter; Computer Architecture (Schaum); TMH
8. Carl Hamacher: Computer Organization, TMH