RGPV / RGTU B Pharma, 4th (IV) Semester PY- 401 Pharmaceutics- IV (Pharmaceutical Engineering – II) syllabus List of practicals
BPharma FOURTH IV SEMESTER
PY- 401 Pharmaceutics- IV (Pharmaceutical Engineering – II)
PY- 401 Pharmaceutics- IV (Pharmaceutical Engineering – II) Syllabus
List of practicals : PY401 Pharmaceutics – IV (any twelve)
2. Calculate the energy requirement (as per Riltinger’s law) for the powder milling.
3. Study the particle size distribution the given sample using standard sieve method.
4. Determine the particle size distribution of a given sample using microscopy.
5. Study the rate of sedimentation of the given sample.
6. Study the effect of suspending agents on the rate of sedimentation of the given sample.
7. Compare the efficiency of different suspending agents on the rate of sedimentation of the given sample.
8. Study the effect of temperature, surface area and viscosity of the liquid on the rate of evaporation.
9. Construct the boiling point diagram for the given mixture of alcohol and water.
10. Separate the constituents of the given a zeotropic mixture by the addition of third agent.
11. Study the rate of drying and determine EMC, CMC and FMC.
12. Study the effect of surface area, material bed thickness, temperature and moisture content on the rate of drying.
13. Compare the efficiency of single stage extraction with multiple stage extraction.
14. Determine the percentage of acetic acid extracted from the mixture of benzene and acetic acid using water as our extracting agent.
15. Prepare mier’s super solubility curve for the given samples.
16. Determine the percentage purity of the given sample using crystallization technique.
17. Determine the mixing index for the mixing of give powders.
18. Determine the effect of surface area, thickness of filter medium, viscosity of liquid, temperature and filter aid on the rate of filtration.
1 Elementary Chemical Engineering - Max S. Peters, Published by McGraw Hill Book Company, New York, 1954.
2 Perry’s Chemical Engineer’s Handbook - Robert H Perry, Green D.W., Maloney O.7th Edition, 1998, McGraw – Hill Inc., New York.
3 Tutorial Pharmacy by Cooper & Gunn, ed. S.J.Carter, CBS Publishers & Distributors, Delhi, 6th Edition, 2000.
4. Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering, 5th edition – McCabe, Smith & Harriott, McGraw – Hill Inc., New York.
5 Pharmaceutical Engineering – K.Sambamurthy, 2002 NAI (P) Ltd., Delhi.
6 Pharmaceutics : The Science of Dosage Form Design - M.E. Aulton.
7 The Theory & Practice of Industrial Pharmacy – Lachman L., Lieberman H.A. & Kanjig J.L., 3rd edition, 1990 Varghese Publishing House, Bombay.
8 Alfonso G. Remington: The Science & Practice of Pharmacy. Vol.I & II. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins Philadelphia.
9 Jani G. K., Pharmaceutics II (Unit Operations), B. S. Shah Prakashan, Ahmedabad.
10 Subramanyam C.V.S., Thimma J, Suresh S.S. et. al., Pharmaceutical Engineering : Principles and Practice, 2002, Vallabh Prakashan, Delhi.
11 Introduction to Chemical Engineering by Walter L. Badger & Julius T. Banchero, Mcgraw Hill International edition, New Delhi, 1955.