RGTU/RGPV TX 605 Yarn Manufacturing- III Syllabus TX 6th (Sixth) sem Textile Engineering (TX) Syllabus
TX 605 Yarn Manufacturing- III Syllabus
Unit II Doubling- objectives, types of doubling, merits and demerits, feed material preparation, constructional details and theory of ring doubling and TFO, developments in TFO and various type of doubling, calculation of production, twist for each case, selection of traveler and ring, general idea of material and package faults and their remedies, environmental condition and supervisory checkpoints.
Unit III Reeling and bundling-objectives of reeling and bundling, brief idea about machines, working, merits and demerits of different types of reeling, production calculation and supervisory checkpoints
Unit IV Introduction to woolen, semi worsted and worsted systems of spinning, jute and flax spinning and manufacturing of different types of fancy yarns.
1. The Textile Institute; Manual of Cotton Spinning Volume IV, V;
2. The Textile Institute; Manual of Textile Tech. – Short Staple Spinning series – Vol.4
3. Klein W; A Practical guide to Ring Spinning
4. Kulkarni HS and Murthy HVS; Two-For-One – Technology & Technique for spun yarn;
5. Chhatopadhyaya R. (Editor); Advances in Tech. Of Yarn Production – NCUE Publication
6. Gong RH and R.M.Wright; Fancy Yarns- Their Mfg. And Application;
7. Gilbert Merrill; Cotton Ring Spinning
8. Taggart; Cotton Spinning
9. Goswami BC et al; Textile Yarns Technology, Structure & Applications
10. Salhotra KR et.al; Ring Spinning, Doubling & Twisting; NCUTE Pilot Programme Pub
11. Lawrence Carl A; Fundamentals of spun yarn tech
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it): Yarn Manufacturing- III
An elaborate study of Ring frame, Ring doubling and TFO, constructional details, setting and gauging, controls and change places, calculation of speeds, drafts and production
1. To study the general feature of a ring frame, (creel, drafting, twisting and winding zone.)
2. To study the drafting arrangement of a ring frame and to calculate drafts and draft constants.
3. To study twisting arrangement of ring frame and to calculate twist constant and spindle speed.
4. To study the package building mechanism in a ring frame.
5. To study general feature of a ring doubling machine (creel, delivery, twisting and winding zone)
6. To study gearing arrangement of a ring doubling machine and to calculate delivery roller speed
7. To study twisting arrangement of a ring doubling machine and to calculate twist constant and spindle speed
8. To study the package building mechanism in a ring doubling machine
9. To study the safety devices in ring frame and ring doubling machine.