IT 7th sem IT 703 Information Storage & Management Syllabus RGTU/RGPV Information Technology Syllabus
Introduction to Storage Technology: Data proliferation, evolution of various storage technologies, Overview of storage infrastructure components, Information Lifecycle Management, Data categorization.
Storage Systems Architecture: Intelligent disk subsystems overview, Contrast of integrated vs. modular arrays, Component architecture of intelligent disk subsystems, Disk physical structure components, properties, performance, and specifications, RAID levels & parity algorithms, hot sparing, Front end to host storage provisioning, mapping and operation.
Introduction to Networked Storage: JBOD, DAS, NAS, SAN & CAS evolution and comparison. Applications, Elements, connectivity, standards, management, security and limitations of DAS, NAS, CAS & SAN.
Hybrid Storage solutions; Virtualization: Memory, network, server, storage & appliances. Data center concepts & requirements, Backup & Disaster Recovery: Principles Managing & Monitoring: Industry management standards (SNMP, SMI-S, CIM), standard framework applications, Key management metrics (Thresholds, availability, capacity, security, performance).
Information storage on cloud :Concept of Cloud, Cloud Computing, storage on Cloud, Cloud Vocabulary, Architectural Framework, Cloud benefits, Cloud computing Evolution, Applications & services on cloud, Cloud service providers and Models, Essential characteristics of cloud computing, Cloud Security and integration.
1. G. Somasundaram & Alok Shrivastava (EMC Education Services) editors; Information Storage and Management: Storing, Managing, and Protecting Digital Information; Wiley India.
2. Ulf Troppens, Wolfgang Mueller-Friedt, Rainer Erkens, Rainer Wolafka, Nils Haustein; Storage Network explained : Basic and application of fiber channels, SAN, NAS, iSESI, INFINIBAND and FCOE, Wiley India.
3. John W. Rittinghouse and James F. Ransome; Cloud Computing : Implementation , Management and Security, CRC Press, Taylor Frances Pub.
4. Nick Antonopoulos, Lee Gillam; Cloud Computing : Principles, System & Application, Springer.
6. Saurabh , Cloud Computing : Insight into New Era Infrastructure, Wiley India.
7. Sosinsky, Cloud Computing Bible, Wiley India.
8. Rich Schiesser, IT Systems Management :Designing, Implementing and Managing World-class Infrastructures, PHI Learning