BPharma, PY -705 : Pharmacology – IV 7th (VII) Semester RGPV / RGTU B Pharma, PHARMACY 7th (VII) Semester Syllabus
BPharma 7th sem PY -705 : Pharmacology – IV Syllabus
- General principles
- Synthetic organic antimicrobials (Sulphonamides, quinolones etc.)
- B-lactum antibiotics
- Protein synthesis inhibitors (Tetracyclins,chloramphenicol,Macrolides)
- Antitubercular drugs, antileprotic drugs,antiprotozoals, anthelmintics, antifungals
- Antiretroviral and antiviral drugs
- Miscellaneous antibiotics (Bacitracin, Glycopeptides, Polymyxins)
- Individualization of drug therapy : Clinical pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics
- Drug use during pregnancy, Pediatrics and Geriatrics
- Adverse drug reactions and drug induced diseases
- Drug interactions
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Definition of poison
- General principles of treatment of poisoning
- Treatment of opioid, barbiturate, organophosphorous, and atropine poisoning
- Heavy metals and heavy metal antagonists
1) Herfindal, E.T., Gourley, D.R., (eds.) (2000) Textbook of therapeutics Drug and disease management.7th ed.Baltimore : Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
2) Hardmen, J.G.Limbird, L.E. Gilman A., G., (eds.) (2001) Goodman and Gilman’s The pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 10th ed. USA : The McGraw Hill Companies
3) Barar, F.S.K., (2000) Essential of therapeutics. New Delhi: S. Chand and Company (P) Ltd.
4) Satoskar, R.S. Bhandarkar, S.D., Rege, N.N., (2007) Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics. 12th ed. Mumbai: Popular Prakashan
5) Seth, S.D., (ed.) (2005) Textbook of Pharmacology. 2nd ed. New Delhi. Elsevier.
6) Tripathi, K.D. (1999) Essentials of Medical pharmacology. 4th ed. New Delhi : Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
7) Rang, H.P., et. (eds.) (2003) Pharmacology. 5th ed. Philadelphia Elsevier.
8) Katzung , B.G., (2004) Basic and clinical pharmacology. 9th ed. USA : The Mcgraw Hill Companies.
9) Dipiro, J.T., et al. (eds.) (1997) Pharmacotherapy. A pathophysiologic approach. 3rd ed. Stanford, Connecticut: Appleton and Longe.
10)Craig, C.R., Stitzel, R.E. (1999) Modern pharmacology with clinical applications. 5th ed. USA.
11) Guideliness for poison control. (1999) WHO, Geneva: AITBS Publisher, Delhi
12) Curry – Drug disposition and pharmacokinetics with a consideration of pharmacokinetics with a consideration of pharmacological and elinical relationships, 3rd edn., pharmumed pre
13) Kenakin Terry P: A pharmacological Primer – theory applications & methods, pharma med prre