AU-801(B) Tool Engineering and Machine Tools AU, 8th (V) Semester Revised syllabus Automobile Engineering(AU)
Unit II Regulation of Speed: Design of gear boxes- need for variation of speed, selection of speed range, laws of stepped regulation, standardization of speeds, speed diagram, analysis of productivity loss, kinematic advantage of GP, structural diagrams, ray diagram and speed chart. Gear Drives: Belt and cone pulley, slip gear type, north gear drive, draw key gear drive, clutch type, mechanical step less drives, electrical drives; hydraulic drive.
Unit III Design of Metal working Tools: Design of press working tools, shearing, piercing, blanking, dies, compound die design principles for forging dies, bending, forming drawing dies, tooling for forging-design principles for forging dies, drop forging, upset forging, design principles and practice for rolling, roll press design.
Unit IV Design of Jigs and Fixtures: Principles of location, locating method and devices, principles of clamping, clamping devices, drilling jigs, types, drill bushes, fixture and economics, types of fixture, milling, grinding, broaching, assembly fixtures indexing jig and fixtures, indexing devices.
Unit V Design of Gauges and Inspection Features: Design of gauges for tolerance for dimensions and form inspection; dies and mould design for Ppastics & rubber parts: compression molding, transfer molding, blow molding.
1. Mehta N.K.; Machine Tool Design and Numerical Control; TMH
2. Sen G.C, Bhattacharya A; Principles of Machine Tools; New Central Book Agency.
3. Donaldson; Tool Design T.M.H.
4. Jain KC and Chitale AK; Text Book Of Production Engineering; PHI Learning
5. Juneja, Sekhon and Seth; Fundamentals of Metal Cutting and Machine Tools; New Age.
6. Krar SF, Gill AR, Smid P; Technology of Machine Tools;TMH
7. Sharma P.C; Production Engineering; Chand S
8. Wilson; Fundamentals of Tool Design; ASTME
9. Paqwin J.R; Die Design Handbook; The Industrial Press-NY
10. ASTME; Die Design Hand Book; McGraw Hill
11. Archinov; Metal Cutting & Cutting Tool Design; MIR Publishers Moscow