Unit II: Public key Cryptography, Modulo arithmetic, Greatest common divisor, Euclidean algorithm, RSA algorithm, hash function, attack on collision resistance, Diffie hellman key exchange, Digital signature standard, elliptic curve cryptography.
Unit III: Authentication: One way Authentication, password based, certificate based, Mutual
Authentication ,shared secret based, Asymmetric based, Authentication and key agreement, centralized Authentication, eavesdropping, Kerberos, IP security overview:- security association & Encapsulating security payload ,tunnel and transfer modes, internet key exchange protocol, Secure Socket Layer(SSL), Transport Layer Security (TLS).
Unit IV: Software vulnerabilities: Phishing Attacks, buffer overflow vulnerability, Format String attack, Cross Site Scripting, SQL injection Attacks, Email security:- Security services of E-mail ,Establishing keys, Privacy ,Authentication of the source, Message integrity ,Non-Repudiation, Viruses, Worms, Malware.
Unit V: Web Issue: Introduction, Uniform Resource Locator/uniform resource identify, HTTP, Cookies, Web security problem, Penetration Testing, Firewalls:- functionality, Polices and Access Control, Packet filters, Application level gateway, Encrypted tunnel, Security architecture, Introduction to intrusion detection system.
- Bernard Menezes, “ Network Security and Cryptography”, CENGAGE Learning.
- Charlie Kaufman, “ Network Security”, PHI.
- Forouzan, “Cryptography & Network Security”, TMH
- Randy Weaver, “ Network Infrastructure Security”, Cengage Learning.
- Atual Kahate, “ Cryptography and Network Security”, TMH.
- William Stalling, “ Cryptography and Network security”, Pearson.
- Study of Network Security fundamentals - Ethical Hacking, Social Engineering practices.
- System threat attacks - Denial of Services.
- Sniffing and Spoofing
- Web Based Password Capturing.
- Virus and Trojans.
- Anti-Intrusion Technique – Honey pot.
- Symmetric Encryption Scheme – RC4.
- Block Cipher – S-DES, 3-DES.
- Asymmetric Encryption Scheme – RSA.
- IP based Authentication.