RAJIV GANDHI PROUDYOGIKI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, BHOPAL
PROGRAMME: Electrical & Electronics Engineering
COURSE: EX-602 Control Systems
- Time response of second order system.
- Characteristics of Synchros.
- Effect of feedback on servomotors.
- Determination of transfer function of A-C servomotor
- Determination of transfer function of D-C motor.
- Formulation of PI & PD controller and study of closed loop responses of 1st and 2nd order dynamic systems.
- State space model for classical transfer function using MATLAB.
- Simulation of transfer function using operational amplifier.
- Design problem: Compensating Networks of lead and lag.
- Temperature controller using PID.
- Transfer function of a DC generator.
- Characteristics of AC servomotor.
- Use of MATLAB for root loci and Bode plots of type-1, type-2 systems.
- Study of analog computer and simulation of 1st order and 2nd order dynamic equations.
- Formulation of proportional control on 1st order and 2nd order dynamic systems.
- Feed back control of 3rd order dynamic Systems
- Study of lead and lag compensating networks.
- Effect of adding poles & zeros on root loci and bode plots of type-1, type-2 systems through MATLAB.
EX 602 Control Systems References:
- I.J. Nagrath and M. Gopal, Control system Engineering, New Age International.
- K. Ogata, Modern Control Engineering, PHI.
- B.C. Kuo, Automatic Control systems, PHI
- Gopal M., Control System : Principles & Design, TMH Third edition 2008.
- Stefani, Shahian, Savant, Hostetter, “Design of feed back control System’s”, Oxford.
- Krishna. K. Singh & Gayatri Agnihotri, System Design through MATLAB control tool & Simulink, Stringer Verlag, U.K.
- Rudra Pratap, Getting Started with MATLAB, Oxford.
- Modern Control Systems by Roy Chaudhary, PHI.
- Les Finical, Control Systems,Cengage learning,India Edition 2007.
- Stephen J.Chapman, MATLAB Programming for Engineers, Cengage learning,India Edition 2004.