EX 4th sem Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion –I syllabus RGTU/RGPV Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion –I syllabus
Unit II D.C. Machines: Review of constructional features. Methods of excitation, Armature reaction, Commutation, Interpoles & compensating winding, Power, EMF and torque equations,- Operation as generator - Self-excitation principles. Characteristics,
Unit III DC Motor: Operation of D.C. Machines as motor, characteristics. Starting, speed control including solid state controllers, Braking . Losses, Efficiency. Power flow diagram for generator & Motor,Direct testing, Swinburne’s test & Hopkinson’s Test on DC Machines, applications of dc Machines.
Unit IV: Three phase Induction motor: Constructional details. Production of EMF, steady state analysis, equivalent circuit, Phasor diagram, power flow diagram and torque-speed & power speed characteristics, circle diagram.
Unit V Three phase Induction motor : Starting Methods, Power factor Control. Speed control schemes including solid state. Braking. Effect of space/time harmonics and analysis. Crawling & Cogging, Double cage & Deep bar Indication Motor Testing, Losses and Efficiency, effect of unbalanced supply, Induction generators.
RGTU/RGPV Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion –I References:
1. Nagrath and Kothari; Electrical Machines; TMH
2. Langs dorf; A.C. Machines.
3. Dr.P.S.Bimbhra; Electrical Machines; Khanna Publisher
4. Ashfaq Hussain; Electrical Machines; Dhanpat Rai Publication.
5. M. G. Say; Alternating Current Machines’, (5th Ed.) ELBS, 1986.
6. M.G.Say and E.O.Taylor; Direct Current Machines Second Ed., ELBS, 1985.
7. V.Del Toro; Electrical Machines & Power Systems, 1985, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs.
8. V.Del Toro; Electromechanical Devices for Energy Conversion & Control Systems, PHI Pvt. Ltd.
RGTU/RGPV Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion –I List of Experiments (Expandable):
1. To perform open circuit and short circuit test on 1-phase and 3-phase transformer and determine its equivalent circuit parameters.
2. To perform open circuit and short circuit test on 1-phase and 3-phase transformer and determine its efficiency and regulation at.
- i Full load at unity power factor.
- ii Full load at zero power factor lead and lag.
- iii Half the full load at 0.8 power factor lead and lag.
4. To perform the parallel operation of two, 1-phase transformer and observe load sharing.
5. To perform the No load and block rotor test of 3-phase induction motor and to determine its equivalent circuit parameters.
6. To perform the No load and block rotor test of 3-phase induction motor to draw the circle diagram.
7. To perform the load test on 3-phase induction motor and draw its performance characteristic
8. Swinburn’s test on D.C. motor & determine its efficiency.
9. To perform speed control of D.C. motor.
10. To plot OCC on a separately excited D.C. Generator.
11. Perform load test on D.C. Generator.