RGTU/RGPV Syllabus, Concrete Technology Syllabus, Concrete Technology Civil Syllabus, Civil 4th sem Syllabus, CE 4th Semester Concrete Technology Syllabus,
Unit II Properties of Fresh and Hardened Concrete : Introduction, Workability, Testing of concrete, Factors affecting, Rheology of concrete, Compressive & Tensile strength, Stress and strain characteristics, Shrinkage and temperature effects. Creep of concrete, Permeability, durability, thermal properties & micro-cracking of concrete.
Unit III Design of Concrete Mix : Various classical methods of concrete mix design, I.S. code method, basic considerations and factors influencing the choice of mix design, acceptance criteria for concrete, concrete mixes with Surkhi and other Pozzolanic materials, design of plastic concrete mix, computer aided design of concrete mix.
Unit IV Production and Quality Control of Concrete : Production of crushed stone aggregate, batching equipments for production and concreting, curing at different temperatures, Concreting underwater, hot & cold weather condition, statistical quality control, field control, non-distructive testing, repair technology for concrete structures, Inspection & Testing of Concrete.
Unit V Special Concretes : Light weight concrete, Ready mix concrete, Vacuum concrete, Ferrocement, Fiber reinforced concrete, Polymer concrete composites, Shotcrete, Guniting, Rubble concrete, Resin concrete, Prestressed concrete, Heat resistant concrete, Mass concrete, Temperature control of mass concrete.
CIVIL 4th sem Concrete Technology References:
1. Varshney RS; Concrete Technology; Oxfored & IBH publishing co.
2. Gambhir ML; Concrete Technology – TMH
3. Sinha SN; Reinforced Concrete Technology; TMH
4. New Building Materials Published by B.M.T.P.C., New Delhi
5. Hand books on Materials & Technology - Published by BMTPC & HUDCO
6. Mohan Rai & M.P. Jai Singh; Advances in Building Materials & Construction
7. Jackson N; Civil Engineering materials.
8. Properties of Concrete - A.M. Neville - Pearson Education