PROGRAMME: B.E. Computer Science & Engg., VIII Semester
Course : CS 8303 Wireless Network (Proposed)
Characteristics of the Wireless Medium: Radio Propagation Mechanisms, Path Loss Modelling and Signal Coverage, Effect of Multipath and Doppler, Channel Measurement and Modelling Techniques.
Unit 2 Network Planning: Introduction, Wireless Network Topologies, Cellular Topology, Cell Fundamentals, Signal to Interferences Radio Calculations, Network Planning for CDMA Systems.
Wireless Network Operations: Mobility Management, Radio Resources and Power Management
Unit 3 Multiple Division Techniques: FDMA, TDMA, CDMA, OFDM, SDMA. Comparison of Multiple Division Techniques, Modulation Techniques – AM, FM, FSK, PSK, QPSK, QAM, 16QAM Mobile Data Networks: Introduction, Data Oriented CDPD Network, GPRS, EDGE and High Data Rates, SMS in GSM, Mobile Application Protocols.
Unit 4 Introduction to Wireless LAN, Evolution of WLAN, Wireless Home Networking, Technologies for Home Area Network (HAN), Overview of IEEE 802.11, Reference Architecture, PHY and MAC Layer, Wireless ATM, HIPERLAN.
UNIT 5 IEEE 802.15 WPAN, HomeRF, Bluetooth, Interference between Bluetooth and 802.11, Adhoc Networks, Introduction to 2.5 G and 3 G Networks.
1. Kaveh Pahlavan, Prashant Krishnamurthy “principles of Wireless Networks”, PHI.
2. Qing- An Zeng, Dharma Prakash Agrawal “Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Systems” CENGAGE Learning.
3. Sumit Kasera, Nishit Narang, A P Priyanka “2.5 G Mobile Networks: GPRS and EDGE”, TMH
4. Dr. KAMILO FEHER “Wireless Digital Communications” , PHI
5. Jochen Schiller “ Mobile Communications”, PEARSON