AU 6th sem Automotive Design And Assembly Drawing syllabus RGTU/RGPV AU-604 Automotive Design And Assembly Drawing syllabus
Unit-2 Clutch design: Definition, classification and requirement of clutch, design equation for power transmission and clutch dimensions for single plate, multi plate, centrifugal and cone clutch.
Unit-3 Brake design: Definition, classification and requirement of brake, energy absorption and heat dissipation through brake, design of shoe brake and double shoe brake, internal expanding brakes, band and block brake and disc brake.
Unit-4 Design of suspension spring and front axle: Types of suspension system, types of suspension springs, design of leaf spring, coil spring; design of front axle beam.
Unit-5 Design of IC engine parts: introduction to principle parts of an I.C engine, design of cylinder and cylinder liner, piston, connecting rod, crank shaft (calculation for bearing pressure and stresses in crank shaft); design of valves; vehicle design and data characteristics.
Unit-6 Assembly drawings: engines, chassis and other automobile systems.
a) Piston Assembly
b) Connecting Rod Assembly
c) Shackle Assembly
d) Wheel Cylinder Assembly
e) Master Assembly
RGTU/RGPV AU-604 Automotive Design And Assembly Drawing syllabus References:
1. Bhat, ND; Machine Drawing; Charotar
2. Machine Drawing by K R Gopal Krishna, Subhash Publication, Bangalore
3. Automotive Engineering by Drawing by R B Gupta
4. Singh A; Machine Drawing; TMH
5. Narayana and Reddy; Machine Drawing; New age, Delhi.
6. Agarwal and agrawal; Engineering Drawing; TMH
7. Shigley JE et al; Mechanical Engineering Design, TMH
8. Kulkarni SG; Machine Design; TMH
9. Mubeen and Mubeen; Machine Design.
10. Luzzader WJ, Duff JM; Fundamental of Engg Drawing and Interactive Graphics; PHI.
RGTU/RGPV AU-604 Automotive Design And Assembly Drawing List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
Design & Drawing of the above mentioned components & assemblies.