B.E. (TX) Textile Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
TX 403 Fibre Science-II syllabus
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
Unit 2 Texturing - Importance, basic principle, heat setting, false twisting, process variables, development of false twist texturising machine. Textured yarns like stuffer box, crimping, edge crimping, knit-de-knit, gear crimping etc. properties of such yarn. Principle of air bulking and properties of air-jet textured yarn. Chemical texturising, production of POY, MOY, FDY and DTY yarn
Unit 3 Optical properties - refraction, absorption, dichroism, reflection and luster. Birefringence and orientation, specific index of birefringence and its measurement.
Unit 4 Electrical properties – dielectric properties, electrical resistance of fibres and its measurement, static electricity, measurement and explanation of static phenomena. Frictional properties - nature of friction and application to fibres, static and dynamic friction of yarn on ceramics, metals
Unit 5 Thermal properties thermal parameters, structural changes in fibres on heating, concept of heat setting and its usefulness, factors affecting the heat setting behavior of textile materials, first and second order transition.
1. Vaidya; Production of Synthetic Fibres.
2. Shennai VA; Technology of Textile Processing – Vol.I, Textile Fibres.
3. Gupta, Kothari; Progress in TST Vol.II Textile Fibres Developments & Innovations
4. Murthy HVS; Introduction to Textile Fibre
5. Moncrieff Man Made Fibres.
6. Akira Nakamura; Fibre Science & Technology (Translated from Japanese).
7. Mishra SP; A Text Book of Fiber Science & Technology.
8. Tatsuya Hongu, Glyn O. Philips; New Fibers 2nd Edition.
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
1. Identification of fibres by microscopic and other different physical and chemical methods.
2. Chemical identification of textile fibres.
3. Quantitative Analysis of Different blends.