RGPV / RGTU B.E. FT, 4th (IV) Semester syllabus FT-404 Electrical Fire Safety Revised syllabus Fire Technology and Safetyl Engineering(FT)
B.E. (FT) Fire Technology and Safety Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
FT- 404 Electrical Fire Safety
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
UNIT-II : Transmission: - Transmission lines, their equipments, Possible Faults and safety measures.
UNIT-III: Distribution: - Substation their equipments, Possible Faults and safety measures.
Transformer: - Their types, Working Principal, Applications, Possible faults & Safety measures.
UNIT-IV : Electrical Safety Equipments: - Relay, Fuses, Circuit Breaker, Insulators – Their types and applications
Earthing : - Their methods and applications.
Insulation: - Their types and applications Static Electricity & its protection
UNIT-V Indian Standards (General reading)
1. I.S. 2206 (Part – I) - 1962Specifications for flame-proof electric lighting fitting.
2. I.S. 3034 – 1961 Code of Practice for fire safety of industrial buildings Electrical Generating and distribution stations.
3. I.S. 1646 – 1961 Code of Practice for Fire Safety of Buildings (General) Electrical installations.
4. I.S. 2148 – 1968 Specifications for Flame Proof Enclosures of Electrical apparatus.
1. Electricity Fire Risks – G.S. Hodges
3. J.P. Handbook.
4. Estimating & Costing – S.L. Uppal
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
1. To study the various methods of earthing
2. To study the safety procedures in electrical maintenance work and also classify hazards
3. To study the static electricity
4. To study the sailent features of Transformer oil
5. To study the various causes of electrical fire
6. To study the firefighting and rescue in the presence of radiation hazards
7. To study the radioactive waste management