RGPV / RGTU B.E. BM, 4th (IV) Semester syllabus BM 402 Human Physiology-II Revised syllabus Bio-Medical Engineering(BM)
Tags: RGPV, BE, BM syllabus, Human Physiology-II syllabus, B.E. Bio-Medical Engineering, BM IV Semester syllabus, BM 4th Semester syllabus, RGPV BM 402 syllabus
B.E. (BM) Bio-Medical Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
BM 402 Human Physiology-II syllabus
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
sensory perception with special reference to pain, Muscle tone, Regulation of posture and equilibrium and function of automatic nervous system.
Unit-II Special senses: Mechanism of vision, Color vision, Mechanism of Hearing, Test of hearing, Audimetry, Olfaction. Touch.
Unit-III Endocrine system: Endocrine glands, Hormonal Secretion and their effect, Reproductive system: functions of male reproduction system, Female reproduction organs and contraception.
Unit IV Digestive system: Salivary, Gastric and intestinal digestion and motility of gastrointestinal tract. Basic principles of metabolism and nutrition. - Enzymes - Classification - mode of action - factors influencing the enzyme action.
Unit V Biochemistry: Water and electrolytes - Brief description - acid base balance - electrophoresis - flame photometry - densitometry- colorimetry & pH metry.
1. Text book of Human Physiology; Guyton, Saunderson.
2. Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology; Seeley, MGH
3. Human Physiology & Anatomy; Marieb, Adison Wesley
4. Principles of Anatomy & Physiology; Tortora, Wiley
5. Human Physiology (Vol I & II); Chatterjee, MAA
6. Medical Physiology; Marya, CBS
7. Essentials of Medical Physiology; Sembulingam, Jaypee
List of experiments(Expandable):-
1. Study of blood pressure by sphygmomanometer.
2. Study of heart activity by ECG instrument.
3. Study heart sound by phonocardiogram.
4. Measurement of blood Hemoglobin O2 saturation level by plethysmoghraph.