TX 406 CAD in Textile Revised syllabus Textile Engineering TX RGPV / RGTU B.E. TX, 4th (IV) Semester syllabus
B.E. (TX) Textile Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
TX 406 CAD in Textile syllabus
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
Unit II Dobby Basic fundamental dobby mechanism and fabric, make design on graph paper with drafting system, significance of starting parameters, significance of menu commands, tool bars, grid settings, make particular design on system, save to design library, library management, application of different yarn e colors on same design, calculation and simulation.
Unit III Jacquard Basics, fundamental Jacquard mechanism & fabrics. Draw a figured pattern on graph paper, significance of file menu, edit menu, view menu, tools menu, color menu, utility tools, filters, weave tools management, apply graph paper design on it. Overview of electronic CAD jacquard with punch card.
Unit IV Printex Introduction of textile printing, use and application. Significance of file menu, edit menu, draw a figured design on paper, view menu, tool menu, introduction of curves, color tools, fileter, introduction of enhanced tools. Preparation of various designs by simulating on CAD, reproduction of designs from samples in all 3 types of designs.
Suggested List of Experiments:
1. Weaving structure
2. Installation of CAD software
3. Various menu commands
4. To prepare design on dobby CAD software with proper parameters and color effects. Take a printout.
5. To manage dobby design library with twill honey comb, huck back design.
6. To draw figured pattern on graph paper and apply to Jacquard CAD software with proper parameters and color effects. Take a printout.
7. To manage jacquard design library with same figure to different weave.
8. To draw figured pattern on graph paper and apply to printex CAD software with proper parameters and color effects. Take a printout.
9. To manage printex design library with different yarn and color specification.
10. Introduction of electronic jacquard punching system
1. Gokarneshnan, N. : Fabric Structure & Design
2. CAD Manuals
3. Rao; CAD-Cam Principles and applications; TMH