RGPV / RGTU B.E. EE 406 Dot.Net 4th (IV) Semester syllabus EE 406 Dot.Net Revised Electrical Engineering (EE)
B.E. (EE) Electrical Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
EE 406 Dot.Net
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
UNIT II Basic Features Of C# Fundamentals, Classes and Objects, Inheritance and Polymorphism, Operator Overloading, Structures. Advanced Features Of C# Interfaces, Arrays, Indexers and Collections; Strings and Regular Expressions, Handling Exceptions, Delegates and Events.
UNIT III Installing ASP.NET framework, overview of the ASP .net framework, overview of CLR, class library, overview of ASP.net control, understanding HTML controls, study of standard controls, validations controls, rich controls. Windows Forms: All about windows form, MDI form, creating windows applications, adding controls to forms, handling Events, and using various Tolls
UNIT IV Understanding and handling controls events, ADO.NET- Component object model, ODBC, OLEDB, and SQL connected mode, disconnected mode, dataset, data-reader Data base controls: Overview of data access data control, using grid view controls, using details view and frame view controls, ado .net data readers, SQL data source control, object data source control, site map data source.
UNIT V XML: Introducing XML, Structure, and syntax of XML, document type definition (DTD), XML Schema, Document object model, Presenting and Handling XML. xml data source, using navigation controls, introduction of web parts, using java script, Web Services
1. C# for Programmers by Harvey Deitel, Paul Deitel, Pearson Education
2. Balagurusamy; Programming in C#; TMH
3. Web Commerce Technology Handbook by Daniel Minoli, Emma Minoli , TMH
4. Web Programming by Chris Bates, Wiley
5. XML Bible by Elliotte Rusty Harold ,
6. ASP .Net Complete Reference by McDonald, TMH.
7. ADO .Net Complete Reference by Odey, TMH
List of Experiments/ program (Pl. expand it):
1. Working with call backs and delegates in C#
2. Code access security with C#.
3. Creating a COM+ component with C#.
4. Creating a Windows Service with C#
5. Interacting with a Windows Service with C#
6. Using Reflection in C#
7. Sending Mail and SMTP Mail and C#
8. Perform String Manipulation with the String Builder and String Classes and C#:
9. Using the System .Net Web Client to Retrieve or Upload Data with C#
10. Reading and Writing XML Documents with the XML Text-Reader/-Writer Class and C#
11. Working with Page and forms using ASP .Net.
12. Data Sources access through ADO.Net,
13. Working with Data readers , Transactions
14. Creating Web Application.