Branch: Common Semester BE 1st/2nd semester Syllabus
Related: BE101 Engineering Chemistry Syllabus (Theory)
List of suggestive core Experiments:
preferably selecting experiments from each unit of syllabus.
1. To perform chain survey of a given area for locating existing ground features.
2. To draw the profile of a building by chain surveying method.
3. To perform traverse surveying with prismatic compass, check for local attraction and determine corrected bearings and to balance the traverse by Bowditch’s rule.
4. To perform leveling exercise by Height of instrument of Rise and Fall method.
5. To find out of the Reduced Level(R.L.) of the top of the building using Theodolite.
6. To measure horizontal and vertical angles in the field by using Theodolite.
1. Basic Civil Engineering- Palanichamy, TMH
2. Basic Civil Engineering by S. Ramamrutam & R. Narayanan - Dhanpat Rai Pub., New Delhi.
3. Surveying by Duggal – Tata McGraw Hill New Delhi.
4. Building Construction by S. C. Rangwala - Charotar Publications House, Anand.
5. Building Construction by Gurucharan Singh - Standard Book House, New Delhi
6. Global Positioning System Principles and applications – Gopi , TMH
7. To perform plane table leveling exercises by Radiation/Intersection/ Traversing etc. method.
8. To determine(a) normal consistency(b) Initial and Final Setting time of a cement sample.
9. To determine the workability of fresh concrete of given proportions by slump test or compaction factor test.
10. To determine the Compressive strength of concrete of given proportions.
11. To determine the Compressive strength of bricks.
12. To test the efflorescence of bricks.
13. To determine particle size distribution and fineness modulus of coarse and fine aggregate.
14. Determine bulk modulus for bulking of fine aggregate sand.