RGPV / RGTU B Pharma, PHARMACY 3rd (III) Semester PY 301 ANATOMY PHYSIOLOGY & HEALTH EDUCATION- II syllabus (Theory)
BRANCH: BPharma, PHARMACY THIRD III SEMESTER
PY 301 ANATOMY PHYSIOLOGY & HEALTH EDUCATION- II (Theory)
(Modified on 25th September 2009)
2. Central Nervous System: Nevrohumoral transmission in the CNS Organization of nervous systems. Histology and physiology of neurons. Structure and function of brain and spinal cord, specialized function of cranial and spinal nerves. Reflex action, Neurotransmitter in brain, Electroencephalogram. Overview of CNS disorders : Parkinsorin’s disease, cerebral palsy, poliomyelitis multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, dyslexia, Trigeminal neuralgia, headache, Reyes syndrome, Alzheimer’s Disease, Neuritis, Sciatica.
3. The sensory, motor and integrative systems.
4. Autonomic Nervous system: Structure and physiology of Autonomic nervous system (Sympathetic and parasympathetic). Visceral autonomic reflexes, control by higher centers
5. Urinary System: Structure and functions of the kidney and urinary tract, Physiology of urine formation, acid-base balance. Overview of urinary system disorders : Gout, cystitis, nephrosis, Renal failure, glomerulonephritis , Urinary tract infection.
6. Endocrine system: Endocrine glands, chemistry of hormones, mechanism of hormonal action, control of hormonal secretion (Feed back mechanism) Anatomy and physiology of Pituitary, thyroid, Parathyroid, Adrenals, Pancreas, ovaries, testes, thymus, Pineal, their hormones and fuctions. Overview of endocrine system disorders : Pituitary dwarfism, giantism, acromegaly, diabetes insipidus, cretinism, myxedema, exophthalmic goiter, aldosteronism, Addison’s disease, Cushing’s syndrome, pheochromocytoma , Diabetes mellitus.
7. Reproductive system: Structure and function of made reproductive system testes, ductus epididymis vas deferens, ejaculatory duct, urethra, seminal vesicles, prostate, gland, bulbourethral, glands, penis, Hormones of male system and their regulation. Spermatogenesis, semen Structure and function of female reproductive system, ovaries, uterine tubes, Vagina, Vulva, mammary glands, Endocrine relations’ Menstrual and ovarian cycles Oogenesis, coitus, Fertilization, pregnancy – its maintenance and parturition, Overview of Reproductive system disorders : Sexually transmitted diseases, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Genital herpes, Trichomoniasis, Prostatis impotence, infertility, Menstrual, abnormalities (Amenorrhea, dysmenorrheal) Ovarian cysts, endometriosis, cervical cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer.
8. Sense Organ: Basic anatomy, Physiology of eye (Vision), ear (hearing), taste buds, nose (smell) and skin (superficial receptors).