RGPV / RGTU B Pharma, PHARMACY 3rd (III) Semester PY 301 PHARMACEUTICS –III (PHARMACEUTICAL ENGINEERING-I) syllabus (Theory)
BRANCH: BPharma, PHARMACY THIRD III SEMESTER
PY 301 PHARMACEUTICS –III (PHARMACEUTICAL ENGINEERING-I) (Theory)
(Modified on 25th September 2009)
Unit operations and processes, Material and energy balances, Dimensionless equations: formulas and groups.
2. Corrosion and its Prevention: General considerations, Types of Corrosion, Methods of reducing Corrosion, Simple mathematical problems.
3. Industrial Hazards and Safety measures: Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Fire and Dust Hazards, Safety requirements, Legal requirements, Industrial dermatitis.
4. Fluid Flow: Fluid statics, Manometers, Types of flow, Reynold’s Number and its significance, Concept of boundary layers, Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications, Measurement of flow of – fluids, Valves.
5. Material Handling Systems: Liquid handling: Different types of pumps. Solid handling: Conveyors
6. Heat Transfer: Heat transfer mechanisms, Heat transfer by conduction, Fourier’s law, Natural and forced convection, Surface and overall heat transfer coefficients, Heat transfer by radiation, Heaters and heat exchangers.
7. Humidity, Air- Conditioning and Refrigeration: Basic concepts and definitions of various terms, Psychometric charts, Wet bulb theory, Measurement of humidity, Application of humidity measurement, air-conditioning and refrigeration in Pharmacy.
8. Automated Process Control Systems: Process variables, Temperature, Pressure, Flow, Level and Vacuum and their measurements. Elements of computer aided manufacturing (CAM).