RGPV / RGTU B Pharma, PHARMACY 3rd (III) Semester PY 301 PHARMACEUTICS –III (PHARMACEUTICAL ENGINEERING-I) syllabus (PRACTICALS)
BRANCH: BPharma, PHARMACY THIRD III SEMESTER
PY 301 PHARMACEUTICS –III (PHARMACEUTICAL ENGINEERING-I) (PRACTICALS)
(Modified on 25th September 2009)
1. Determine the corrosion rate of different materials
2. Determine the corrosion rate of the metal in different environments
3. Calibrate a venturimeter and interpret the energy losses graphically.
4. Determine the rate of heat transfer using different materials.
5. Calculate the humidity at different places using dry bulb and wet bulb temperature method.
6. Determine the overall heat transfer coefficient of the given condenser
7. Determine the water vapour permeability across the given packaging material.
8. Determine the nature of flow of fluid and Reynolds Number by using Reynolds apparatus.
9. Determine the rate of flow of the given fluid by orifice meter.
10. Determine the rate of flow of the given fluid by venturimeter.
11. Determine the pressure difference by simple and differential manometers.
12. Correlate falling factors and Reynolds Number using given pipe line assembly.
13. Determine the enlargement losses, contraction losses and friction losses in a fluid flowing through a pipe.
14. Calculate the coefficient of discharge at orifice using orifice meter.
1. J.F.Richardson and J.M. Coulron: Chemical Engineering
2. Walter L. Badger and J.T. Banchero: Introduction to Chemical Engineering
3. Perry: Handbook of Chemical Engineering
4. Lauer & Heckmann: Chemical Engineering Techniques
5. Peters: Elementary Chemical Engineering
6. S.J. Carter: Tutorial Pharmacy
7. N.D.Bhatt: Elementary Engineering Drawing.
8. McCabe W.L. and Smith J.C. Unit Operation of Chemical Engineering Mc Graw Hill International Book Co., London.
9. Cooper and Gunn’s Tutorial Pharmacy, CBS Publishers, New Delhi