Tags: RGPV, B Pharma, PHARMACY syllabus, PY 204 Pharmacognosy-I (Theory) syllabus , B. Pharmacy, II Semester syllabus, BPharma 2nd Semester syllabus, RGPV PY 204 syllabus
BRANCH: BPharma, PHARMACY SECOND II SEMESTER
PY 204 APharmacognosy-I (Theory)
Cultivation, collection, processing and storage of crude drugs. Factors affecting cultivation of medicinal plants like Climate, soils, fertilizers, and Mannures.
Plant hormones and their applications. Influence of polyploidy, mutation and hybridization with reference to medicinal plants.
Pest control and natural pest control agents.
Quality Control of Crude Drugs: Different types of Adulteration and their evaluation using various methods like Organoleptic, Microscopic, Physical, Chemical, and Biological.
An introduction of various types of primary and secondary metabolites as active constituents of crude drugs. General methods of their isolation, classification, properties and systematic pharmacognostic study of –
1. Carbohydrates, and drugs belonging to this class like; Agar, Gaur gum, Acacia, Honey, Isapgol, Starch, Sterculia, Tragacanth, Bacl.
2. Lipids and drugs belonging to this class likes; Castor oil, Beeswax, Cocoa butter, Hydnocarpus oil, Kokum butter, Cod-liver oil, Wool fat, Shark liver oil, Linseed oil.
3. Resins and Tannins and drugs belonging to this class like; Podophyllum, Tolu & Peru balsam, Turmeric, Ginger, Ipomoea, Myroballan, Asafoetida, Benzoin, colophonoy.
4. Pharmaceutical aids like; Talc, Kaolin, Bentonite, Gelatin, Cotton, Viscose rayon, Silk.
5. Role of Macro & Micro nutrients in plant growth.