RGPV / RGTU B Pharma, PHARMACY 2nd (II) Semester PY 205 Anatomy, Physiology And Health Education-I syllabus
BRANCH: BPharma, PHARMACY SECOND II SEMESTER
PY 205 Anatomy, Physiology And Health Education-I
Elementary Tissues of the Human Body - Epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous, tissues; their sub-types and characteristics.
Skeletal System - Structure, composition and functions of skeleton, Classification of joints, Types of movement at joints, disorders of joints.
Skeletal Muscles - Their gross anatomy, physiology of muscle contraction, physiological properties of skeletal muscle and their disorders.
Haemopoietic System - Composition and functions of blood and its elements, their disorders, blood groups and their significance, mechanism of coagulation; disorders of platelets and coagulation.
Lymph and Lymphatic System - Composition, formation and circulation of lymph; disorders of lymph and lymphatic system. Basic physiology and function of spleen.
Cardiovascular System - Basic anatomy of the heart, physiology of heart, blood vessels and circulation. Basic understanding of cardiac cycle, heart sounds and electrocardiogram. Blood pressure and its regulation. Brief outline of cardiovascular disorders like; hypertension, hypotension, arteriosclerosis, angina, myocardial infraction, congestive heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias.
Health Education -
1. Concepts of health and diseases, disease agents and prevention of diseases.
2. Classification of food requirements, balanced diet, nutritional deficiency disorders, their treatment and prevention.
3. Demography and family planning : Demography cycle, family planning, various contraceptive methods. Medical termination of pregnancy.
4. First Aid : Emergency treatment of shock, snake bites, burns, poisoning, fractures and resuscitation methods.
( PRACTICALS )
1. Study of human skeleton.
2. Study of different systems with the help of charts and models.
3. Microscopic study of different tissues.
4. Estimation of hemoglobin in blood, Determination of bleeding time, clotting time, R.B.C., D.L.C. and E.S.R.
5. Recording of body temperature, pulse rate and blood pressure, basic understanding of electrocardiogram PQRST waves and their significance.