RGTU/RGPV MCA-505 Elective-EIII(b) Computer Vision and Digital Image Processing Syllabus MCA 5th -Fifth sem Syllabus
Computer Vision and Digital Image Processing Syllabus
MCA-505 Elective-EIII(b) Computer Vision and Digital Image Processing Course Contents:
Introduction: The role of Computer Vision, applications, successes, research issues; its relationship to
natural vision, basic image properties. Digital image representation, fundamental steps in image processing, elements of digital image processing systems digitization, Display and recording devices.
Digital Image fundamentals: A simple Image model. Sampling and quantization, Relationship between pixel, imaging geometry, image transformation, introduction to fourier transformation, Discrete fourier transformation, fast fourier transformation.
Image Enhancement: Histogram processing, image subtraction, image averaging, smoothing filters, sharpening filters, enhancement in frequency domain, low pass filtering, high pass filtering.
Image Encoding & Segmentation: Segmentation, detection of discontinuation by point detection, line detection, edge detection. Edge linking & Boundary Detection: Local analysis, global by Hough transform & Global by graph theoretic techniques.
Image Representation and Description: Chain codes, polygonal approximation, signatures, boundary segments, boundary descriptors, regional descriptors, introduction to image understanding. Motion Tracking , Image differencing, Feature matching, Optic flow
1. Gonzalez and Woods “Digital Image Processing”, Addition Wesley
2. Gonzalez and Woods “Digital Image Processing using MATLAB”, Addition Wesley
3. SchalKoff: Digital Image Processing & Computer Vision, Addition Wesley.
4. M. Sonka et.al : Image Processing and Machine Vision, Prentice Hall.
5. Ballard & Brown: Computer Vision, Prentice Hall.
6. Jain A. K. Fundamentals of Digital Image Processing, PHI
7. Boyle and Thomas, ``Computer Vision - A First Course'' 2nd Edition, ISBN 0-632-028-67X, Blackwell Science 1995.
8. Low, "Introductory Computer Vision and Image Processing", McGraw-Hill 1991, ISBN 0-07- 707403-3