Unit II Role of Insurance in Disaster Management, Role of International co-operation (i.e. NGO & UN Agencies), affected factors on environment due to disaster. Need for National Capacity Building and Disaster Knowledge Network
Unit III The Disaster Management Act:: Need for technological input in disaster mitigation, community based disaster preparedness program; Preparation of Disaster Management; Plan Early Warning System; Role of Information Technology (IT)
Unit IV Natural Disaster like Earthquake, Mine fire, flood etc, Man-Made Disaster Industrial Disaster due to toxic gas release, Fire or Explosion; Case Study.
Unit V Accident related Disasters (Forest fires, Air, road, & Rail Accidents, Rural & Urban Fires, Oil Spills, Major building collapse etc. Community based Disaster preparedness program.
1. Disaster Management Act 2005
2. Industrial Security Management S.C. Dey
3. Dangerous Properties of Industrial Material Irvin Sex.
4. Encyclopedia of occupational Health & Safety (OSHA) IV edition.
5. Safe Handling of Hazardous Chemicals by Rohatgi.
6. Industrial Fire Hazards Hand Book (NFPA)
7. Major Hazard Control I.L.O. Geneva.
8. What went wrong-Trevor Kletz.
9. Chemical process safety Daniel . A. Crawl, Joseph F Louver.
10. Madhya Pradesh Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards rules 1999.