EX-702 Computer Applications to Power Systems EX 7th (Seventh) sem Electrical & Electronics Engineering(EX) Syllabus
Models of power system components, network model using graph theory, formation of Z bus, transmission line models, regulating transformer, line loadability, capability curves of alternator.
Control of load bus voltage using reactive power control variable, SVC & SVS, Regulated shunt compensation, series and shunt compensation, Uniform series and shunt compensation and effect on loadability of transmission lines.
Sensitivity analysis- General sensitivity relations, generation shift distribution factors, line outage distribution factors, compensated shift factors, sensitivity associated with voltage-VAR, sensitivities relating load bus voltage changes in terms of PV bus voltage changes, sensitivity relating changes in reactive power generation for changes in PV Bus Voltage.
Power system security – Security functions, Security level, contingency analysis, security control, economic dispatch using LP formulation, pre-contingency and post- contingency, corrective rescheduling.
Voltage stability - Difference between voltage and angle stability, PV Curve for voltage stability assessment, proximity and mechanism, modal analysis using reduced Jacobian, participation factor, effect of series and shunt compensation on voltage stability , effect of load models.
2. Computer methods in power systems analysis – by stage G.W. and E.L. Abiad A.H. Mc Graw Hill.
3. Computer Techniques in Power Systems Analysis- Pai M.A. Tata Mc Graw Hill.
4. Computer Modeling of Electrical Power Systems, Arrillaga J. Arnord C.P Harker B.J. John Wiley & Son
5. Computer Aided Power Systems Analysis Kusic G.L. 2nd Edition, CRC Press
6. Modern Power Systems Analysis Nagrath I.J. and Kothari D.P. Tata Mc Graw Hill.
7. Power System Analysis Grainger J.J. & Stevnson W.D. Mc Graw Hill.
8. Power System Stability and control –P Kundur ,IEEE Press 1994.
9. Advance Power Systems Analysis and Dynamics Singh L.P. John Wiley.