EI501 Microprocessors & Microcontrollers EI 5th (Fifth) sem Electronics and Instrumentation(EI) Syllabus
Introduction to 16-bit 8086 microprocessors, architecture of 8086, Pin Configuration, interrupts, minimum mode and maximum mode, timing diagram, Memory interfacing, Comparative study of Salient features of 8086, 80286 and 80386.
UNIT 2: Microprocessor 8086 programming
Instruction set of 8086, Addressing mode, Assembler directives & operations, assembly and machine language programming, subroutine call and returns, Concept of stack, Stack structure of 8086, timings and delays,
UNIT 3: Input-Output interfacing:
Intel family of 8 bit microcontrollers, Architecture of 8051, Pin description, I/O configuration, interrupts; Interrupt structure and interrupt priorities, Port structure and operation, Accessing internal & external memories and different mode of operations, Memory organization, Addressing mode, instruction set of 8051 and programming.
UNIT 5: 8051 Interfacing, Applications and serial communication
8051 interfacing to ADC and DAC, Stepper motor interfacing, Timer/ counter functions, 8051 based data acquisition system 8051 connections to RS-232, 8051 Serial communication , Serial communication modes, Serial communication programming, Serial port programming in C.
1. Hall Douglas V.,Microprocessor and interfacing, Revised second edition 2006, Macmillan, McGraw Hill .
2. A.K. Ray & K.M.Bhurchandi, Advanced Microprocessors and peripherals- Architecture, Programming and Interfacing, Tata McGraw – Hill, 2009 TMH reprint..
3. Kenneth J. Ayala, The 8086 microprocessor: programming and interfacing the PC, Indian -edition ,
4. Muhammad Ali Mazidi and Janice Gillespie Mazidi, The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems, Pearson education, 2005.
5. Kenneth J. Ayala, The 8051 Microcontroller Architecture, III edition, CENGAGE Learning.
6. V.Udayashankara and M.S.Mallikarjunaswamy, 8051 Microcontroller: Hardware, Software & Applications, Tata McGraw – Hill, 2009.
7. McKinlay, The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems – using assembly and C, PHI, 2006 / Pearson, 2006.