EE - 305 Network Analysis Course Contents:
Introduction to circuit elements R,L,C and their characteristics in terms of linearity & time dependant nature, voltage & current sources controlled & uncontrolled sources KCL and KVL analysis, Nodal & mesh analysis, analysis of magnetically coupled circuits, Transient analysis :- Transients in RL, RC&RLC Circuits, initial conditions, time constants. Steady state analysis- Concept of phasor & vector, impedance & admittance, Network topology, concept of Network graph, Tree, Tree branch & link, Incidence matrix, cut set and tie set matrices, dual networks, Dot convention, coupling coefficient, tuned circuits, Series & parallel resonance.
Network Theorems for AC & DC circuits- Thevenins & Norton’s, Superpositions, Reciprocity, Compensation, Substitution, Maximum power transfer, and Millman’s theorem, Tellegen’s theorem, problems with dependent & independent sources.
Frequency domain analysis – Laplace transform solution of Integro-differential equations, transform of waveform synthesized with step ramp, Gate and sinusoidal functions, Initial & final value theorem, Network Theorems in transform domain
Concept of signal spectra, Fourier series co-efficient of a periodic waveform, symmetries as related to Fourier coefficients, Trigonometric & Exponential form of Fourier series.
Network function & Two port networks – concept of complex frequency, Network & Transfer functions for one port & two ports, poles and zeros, Necessary condition for driving point & transfer function. Two port parameters – Z,Y, ABCD, Hybrid parameters, their inverse & image parameters, relationship between parameters, Interconnection of two ports networks, Terminated two port network.
1. M.E. Van Valkenburg, Network Analysis, (PHI)
2. F.F.Kuo, Network Analysis.
3. Mittal GK; Network Analysis; Khanna Publisher
4. Mesereau and Jackson; Circuit Analysis- A system Approach; Pearson.
5. Sudhakar & Pillai; Circuit & Networks- Analysis and Synthesis; TMH
6. Hayt W.H. & J.E. Kemmerly; Engineering Circuit Analysis; TMH
7. Decarlo lin; Linear circuit Analysis; Oxford
8. William D Stanley : Network Analysis with Applications, Pearson Education
9. Roy Choudhary D; Network and systems; New Age Pub
10. Charles K. Alexander & Matthew N.O. Sadiku: Electrical Circuits :TMH
11. Chakraborti :Circuit theory: Dhanpat Rai
12. B.Chattopadhyay & P.C.Rakshit; Fundamental of Electrical circuit theory; S Chand
13. Nilson & Riedel , Electric circuits ;Pearson
List of experiments (Expandable):
1. To Verify Thevenin Theorem.
2. To Verify Superposition Theorem.
3. To Verify Reciprocity Theorem.
4. To Verify Maximum Power Transfer Theorem.
5. To Verify Millman’s Theorem.
6. To Determine Open Circuit parameters of a Two Port Network.
7. To Determine Short Circuit parameters of a Two Port Network.
8. To Determine A,B, C, D parameters of a Two Port Network
9. To Determine h parameters of a Two Port Network
10. To Find Frequency Response of RLC Series Circuit.
11. To Find Frequency Response of RLC parallel Circuit.