CM 303 Chemical Instrumentation Syllabus RGPV / RGTU B.E. Chemical Engineering(CM) III-3rd Semester Syllabus
UNIT-2 Elements of measuring systems & their functions, principles, construction and operation of instruments for measurement
UNIT-3 Control/ indication/ recording of process variables like pressure, flow, level, humidity and composition.
UNIT-4 Principles of transducers electro pneumatic, pneumatic, electrical & multi-pressure.
UNIT-5 Process instrumentation diagram and symbols, process instrumentation for process equipments such as distillation column, Heat exchanger, fluid storage vessel
1. Albert D. Cooper- Modern Electronic Instrumentation, PHI
2. Eckman-Industrial Instrumentation
3. H.S. Kalsi- Electronic Instrumentation
4. Curties Johnson- Process Control Instrumentation Technique, IV Edn, PHI
5. Harriot; Process control; TMH
6. Patranabis; Principles of process control; TMH
7. Jaggi, Mathur; Engineering Mathematics; Khanna Publisher.
8. B.G. Liptak- Instrument Engineering ‘Handbook, Volume 1 : Process Measurement
9. Austin E. Fribance- Industrial Instrumentation Fundamentals, new York: Mcgraw-Hill 1962
10. Ernest Doebelin- Measurement Systems: Application and Design, McGraw-Hill
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
1. Time constant of pH-meter
2. Study of Bourden tube pressure gauge
3. Bellow tube pressure gauge
4. Calibration of different instruments used in chemical processes
5. Study of electro-pneumatic transducers for pressure, flow, level
6. Measurement of water level using differential pressure meter
7. Measurement of flow using electromagnetic flow meter
8. Measurement of flow using differential pressure cell across orifice/ venturimeter