CE-8203 AIR QUALITY MONITORING & CONTROL CE 8th sem RGTU/RGPV CIVIL Engineering(CE) 8th Semester Syllabus
CE-8203 AIR QUALITY MONITORING & CONTROL Course Contents:
Air pollution problem: Economics and social aspects, historical episodes of air pollution. Sources of Air pollution, effects of air pollution on health, animal, plants and materials
Unit - II
Role of meteorological condition, properties of typical air pollutants, air diffusion and concentration pollutants. general diseases caused by air pollutants. toxicity of various pollutants. Plums patterns and height of chimneys.
Unit - III
Atmospheric chemistry, formation of secondary pollutants – PNN, PBN, Photolytic cycles, general diseases and toxicity of pollutants
Unit - IV
Sampling and Analyzing of Air Pollutants: Instruments pollution survey, standards of air pollution. Principle of air pollution control, site selection and zoning, various control methods, process and equipment changes, design and operation of various air pollution control equipments.
Unit - V
Air pollution control legislation, public education pollution standards, status of air pollution control in various countries.
Industrial Hygiene: Concept and importance, factory Involved in environmental hazards, industrial ventilation occupational diseases, control methods.
Reference Books :--
1. "Air Pollution" - Faith W.L, John Wiley & Sons
2. "Air Pollution" - Mc Cabe L.C., Mc. Graw Hill, International
3. Air Pollution - Stern A.C., Academic Press N. York
4. Fundamentals of Air Pollutions - Raju BSN Oxford & IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.
5. "Air Pollution" - Rao M.N. & Rao HVN - Tata Mc Graw Hill
6. Air Pollution – Wark and Warner