BPharma, PY-701 PHARMACEUTICS VIII (PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY I) 7th (VII) Semester RGPV / RGTU B Pharma, PHARMACY 7th (VII) Semester Syllabus
RGTU/RGPV (PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY I) Syllabus PHARMACEUTICS VIII (PHARMACEUTICAL TECHNOLOGY I) Syllabus
1. Solid Dosage Forms- Tablets, Tablet coatings and Capsules.
2. Liquid Dosage Forms- Liquid Orals, Dry Syrups.
3. Semisolid Dosage Forms- ointments, Creams, Suppositories, Gels.
4. Sterile Dosage Forms- Parenteral ( Small Volume Parenterals & Large Volume Parenterals ) and
5. Pharmaceutical Aerosols
Blood Products and Plasma Substitutes:
Collection, processing and storage of whole human blood, concentrated human RBC, dried human plasma, human normal immunoglobulin, plasma substitutes, ideal requirements, PVP, Dextran, etc. for control of blood pressure,
Definition, surgical cotton, surgical gauzes, bandages, adhesive tapes, absorbable and non absorbable sutures, ligatures and catguts, Medical prosthetics and organ replacement materials.
1. Rawlins, E.A., Text Book Of Pharmaceutics, Bailliere Tindall.
2. Lachman, L. , Liberman, H.A. and Kanig, J.L., The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy, Lea and Febiger, Philadelphia.
3. Liberman, H.A., lachman, L. and Ker Inc. New York.
4. Pharmacopoeia Of India, Ministry of Health and family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
5. Avis, K.E., Lachman, L. and Liberman, H.A., Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms-Parenteral Medication Vol.1-2, Marcel Decker Inc., New York.
6. Banker G.S. and Rhode C.T., Modern Pharmaceutics, Marcell Decker Inc., New York.
7. Bean, H.S., Beckett, A.H. and Carless, A.H., Advances in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol.1-4,
Academic Press, London.
List of Practicals
1. Prepare and evaluate Paracetamol Compressed Tablets.
2. Prepare and evaluate Effervescent Tablets of Aspirin.
3. Prepare and evaluate Dispersible tablets of Diclofenac Sodium.
4. Perform the Sugar Coating on the given sample of Tablets.
5. Perform the Film Coating on the given sample of Tablets.
6. Perform the Enteric Coating coating on the given sample of Tablets.
7. Prepare and evaluate Tetracycline HCL Capsules.
8. Prepare and evaluate Antacid Suspension.
9. Prepare and evaluate B-Complex Syrup.
10. Prepare and evaluate Amoxicillin Dry Syrup.
11. Prepare and evaluate Castor Oil Emulsion.
12. Prepare and evaluate Diclofenac Sodium Suppositories.
13. Prepare and evaluate Vaporizing Ointment.
14. Prepare and evaluate Non-Staining Iodine Ointment containing Methyl Salicylate.
15. Prepare and evaluate Antiseptic Cream.
16. Prepare and evaluate Diclofenac Gel.
17. Prepare and evaluate Ciprofloxacin Eye Drop.
18. Prepare and evaluate Water for Injection.
19. Prepare and evaluate Oxytetracycline Injection.
20. Perform the Sability Studies of given sample of Paracetamol Tablets.
21. Prepare and evaluate an aqueous injection of a poorly water – soluble drug using hydrotropic solubilization technique.