AU-705 Computer Aided Egineering and FEM AU, 7th (V) Semester Revised syllabus Automobile Engineering(AU)
Unit-II Element Types and Characteristics : Discretization of the domain, Basic element shapes, Aspect ratio, Shape functions, Generalized co-ordinates and nodal shape functions; ID bar and beam elements, 2D rectangular and triangular elements; axis-symmetric elements.
Unit-III Assembly of Elements and Matrices : Concept of element assembly, Global and local coordinate systems, Band width and its effects, Banded and skyline assembly, Boundary conditions, Solution of simultaneous equations, Gaussian elimination and Choleksy decomposition methods, Numerical integration, One and 2D applications.
Unit-IV Higher Order and iso-parametric Elements: One dimensional quadratic and cubic elements, Use of natural co-ordinate system, Area co-ordinate system continuity and convergence requirements, 2D rectangular and triangular requirement.
Unit-V Static Analysis: Analysis of trusses and frames, Analysis of machine subassemblies, Use commercial software packages, Advantages and limitations
Unit-VI Dynamic Analysis: Hamilton's principle, Derivation of equilibrium, Consistent and lumped mass matrices, Derivation of mass matrices for ID elements, Determination of natural frequencies and mode shapes, Use of commercial software packages.
1. Gokhle Nitin; et al; Practical Finite Element Analysis; Finite to Infinite, 686 Budhwar Peth, Pune.
2. Logan DL ; A First Course in Finite element Method; Cegage
3. Krishnamoorthy; Finite Element Analysis, theory and programming; TMH
4. Buchanan; Finite Element Analysis; Schaum series; TMH
5. Seshu P; Textbook of Finite Element Analysis; PHI.
6. Chennakesava RA; Finite Element Methods-Basic Concepts and App; PHI Learning
7. Reddy JN; An introduction to finite element method; TMH
8. Desai Chandrakant S et al; Introduction to finite element Method; CBS Pub
9. Hutton D; Fundamentals of Finite Element Analysis; TMH
10. Zienkiewicz; The finite element Method; TMH
11. Martin and Grahm; Introduction to finite element Analysis (Theory and App.)
12. Rao, S.S., The Finite Element Method in Engineering; Peragamon Press, Oxford.
13. Robert DC., David DM et al, Concepts and Application of Finite Element Analysis; John Wiley.
14. Chandrupatla, T.R. an Belegundu, A.D., Introduction to Finite Elements in Engineering,PHI