FT 6th sem NUCLEAR SAFETY AND RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS Syllabus FT 605 NUCLEAR SAFETY AND RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS Syllabus
RAJIV GANDHI PROUDYOGIKI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, BHOPAL
PROGRAMME: Fire Technology and Safety Engineering
COURSE: FT-605 NUCLEAR SAFETY AND RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS
Techniques of area and air monitoring. Techniques of personnel radiation protection.
UNIT – II Sources and characteristics of radioactive waste and their types and their method of
UNIT – III Handling and prevention of radiation emergencies and Storage requirements of radioactive materials
UNIT – IV Fire fighting and rescue operations in the presence of radiation hazard. Pre plan of Radiation Incident.
UNIT – V Radiation Safety in Nuclear Power Stations
1. Radioactive Materials, B.M. Rao, Himalaya Publishing House (2001) (in press)
2. Principles of Radiation Dosimetry, G.W. Whyte, John Wiley and Sons, New York (1969)
3. Radiation Hygiene Handbook, Henson Blat. 2 (Ed.) McGraw Hill, New York (1959)
4. Radioactive Wastes, their Treatment and disposal, J.C. Collins, E.F.N. Spon Ltd., London
5. Effects of Nuclear Weapons, S. Glasstone, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington
6. Environmental Radioactvity, M. Eisembud, McGraw Hill Book Co., New York (1963)
7. Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology, F.A. Patty (Ed.), Vols. I and II Interscience, New York (1962)
8. Industrial Safety, F.A. Patty (Ed.), Prentice Hall, New York (1960).
9. Living with Radiation Problems of the Nuclear age for the Layman parts-I and II
10. Fire Service Problems, Published by the United States Atomic Energy Commission.
11. Source Book of Atomic Energy S. Glasstone, 3rd Ed., Affiliated East-West Press, New Delhi.
FT 605 NUCLEAR SAFETY AND RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS List of Experiments(Pl. expand it)
- Study of Storage of Radioactive Material
- Study of PPE for Handling RAM
- Study of measuring effects of RAM
- Working principle of Dose meter
- Rescue technique in RAM expose