Related: RGTU/RGPV Power systems syllabus, EMT syllabus, EE Power systems syllabus, RGTU/RGPV Power systems syllabus, BE 4th semester Power systems Syllabus
Unit II Distribution Systems: Primary and secondary distribution systems, concentrated & uniformly distributed loads on distributors fed at one and both ends, ring distribution, sub mains and tapered mains, voltage drop and power loss calculations, voltage regulators, Feeders Kelvin’s law and modified Kelvin’s law for feeder conductor size and its limitations.
Unit III Overhead Transmission Lines: Types of Conductors, Line Parameters: calculation of inductance and capacitance of single and double circuit transmission lines, three phase lines with stranded and bundle conductors, Generalized ABCD constants and equivalent circuits of short, medium & long lines. Line Performance: circle diagram, regulation and efficiency of short, medium and long lines, Series and shunt compensation, FACTS.
Unit IV Overhead Line Insulators: Types, string efficiency, grading ring, preventive maintenance. Mechanical Design of Transmission Lines: Different types of tower, sag-tension calculations, sag-template, string charts, vibration dampers, line supports, spacing of conductors and grounds. Corona-corona losses, radio & audio noise, transmission line - communication line interference
Unit V Cables: Classification, Construction and characteristic of different types. Insulation resistance and capacitance, grading (capacitance and inter sheath), laying, jointing and splicing of cables. phenomenon of dielectric losses, dielectric stress and sheath loss in cables.
RGTU/RGPV Power systems References:
1. Nagrath IJ and Kothari DP; “Power System Engineering”, Tata McGraw Hill
2. John S. Grainger and W. D. Stevenson Jr.,” Power System Analysis”, McGraw Hill.
3. Deshpande MV; “Electric Power System Design”, TMH.
4. Central Electricity Generating Board; “Modem Power System Practice”, Vol 1-8, Pergamon Oxfd
5. James J. Burke,” Power Distribution Engineering: Fundamentals & Applications”; Marcel Dekker
6. Westinghouse Electric Corp; Electric Transmission & Distribution Reference Book; East Pittsbrg
7. Wadhwa CL; ” Electric Power Systems”; Wiley Eastern Limited.
8. Ashfaq Hussain; ”Electrical Power System
9. Gupta BR; ”Power System Analysis and Design”
10. Ray “ Electrical Power System:Concepts, Theory and practice”, PHI
RGTU/RGPV Power systems List of Experiments (Expandable):
1 Electrical design of transmission line.
2 Mechanical design of transmission line.
3 Drawing of Tower structure.
4 Drawing of insulators