EC 8th sem Principles of Management & Managerial Economics Syllabus EC8103 Principles of Management & Managerial Economics Syllabus Electronics and Communication Engineering
PROGRAMME: Electronics and Communication Engineering
COURSE: EC- 8103 Principles of Management & Managerial Economics
Management Concept: Management, Administration and Organization Difference and Relationship between Organization Management and Administration. Importance of Management, Characteristics of Management.
Management: Scientific Management, Principles of Management, Process of Management, Functions of Management, Levels of Management, Project Management.
Decision Making: Introduction and Definition, Types of Decisions, Techniques of Decision Making, Decision making under certainty Decision making under uncertainty, Decision Making under risk.
Managerial Economics: Introduction, Factors Influencing Manager, Micro and Macro-economics, Theory of the Cost, Theory of the Firm, Theory of Production Function.
Productivity: Input-Output Analysis, Micro-economics Applied to Plants and Industrial Undertakings, Production and Production system, Productivity, Factors affecting Productivity, Increasing Productivity of Resources.
8103 Principles of Management & Managerial Economics References:
1. Peter Drucker, Harper and Row: The Practice of Management.
2. Koontz: Essentials of Management, PHI Learning.
3. Staner: Management, PHI Learning.
4. Daft: Principles of Management, Cengage Learning.
5. T. N. Chhabra: Principle and Practice of Management, Dhanpat Rai, New Delhi.
6. Hirschey: Managerial Economics, Cengage Learning.
7. T. R. Banga and S.C. Sharma: Industrial Organisation and Engineering Economics, Khanna Publishers.
8. O.P. Khanna: Industrial Engineering and Management, Dhanpat Rai.
9. Joel Dean: Managerial Economics, PHI learning.
10. V. L. Mote, Samuel Paul and G.S. Gupta: Managerial Economics Concepts & Cases, TMH, New Delhi.
11. V. L. Mote: Managerial Economics, TMH, New Delhi.