Programs Related to Analog Communication- (Example-Plots of Different Signals and their Fourier Transforms, Computation of Linear and Cyclic Convolution between Two Signals, Simulation of Different Types of modulation, AM Transmitter and Receiver, FM Transmitter and Receiver, Simulation of a Communication System (Generation, addition of noise and Detection).
Programs Related to Control System- Open-Loop and Closed Loop Control System Response using MATLAB, Determining Transient Response, Specification of Second Order System, Effect of PID controller on Control System, Bode Plot, Nyquist Plot and Root Locus Plot.
SECTION-B CIRCUIT SIMULATION/ PCB DESIGNING SOFTWARES
Study of Circuit Simulation Software (any one - TINA-PRO/ PSPICE/ Labview/ CIRCUIT MAKER). PCB Layout Software (any one - PROTEL/ ORCADE/ ALTERA).
Design and Simulation of basic Electronic Circuits (Example Rectifiers, Amplifiers, Oscillators, Digital Circuits, Transient and steady state analysis of RC/RL/RLC circuits etc). Design and fabrication of PCB pertaining to various circuits studied on PCB machine.
1. Chapman Stephen J.: MATLAB Programming for Engineers, 3rd Edition, Thomson /Cengage.
2. Rudra Pratap: Getting Started with MATLAB 7, Oxford University Press (Indian Edition).
3. Palm; Matlab 7.4; TMH.
4. Proakis John G.: Contemporary Communication System Using MATLAB; Thomson Vikas Pub.
5. B.S. Manke: Linear Control Systems - with MATLAB Application, Khanna Publishers.
6. Simulation/Designing Software Manuals.
7. Hassan S; Automatic Control Systems (with MATLAB Programming); Kataria and Sons, Delhi.
Programs to be performed based on the topics contained in the syllabus