EC 4th Semester Control System Revised Syllabus,
Mathematical Modeling of Electrical Network: AC and DC Servomotors, Error Detector, Stepper Motor, Optical Encoder, Linearization.
Unit II Sensitivity of control Systems, Effects of Feedback on gain and time constant, pole location, bandwidth, Sensitivity, Stability, Disturbance signal, Control over System Dynamics by use of Feedback.Time Response Analysis- Standard Test Signals, Time Response of 1st Order System, Model of Prototype DC Position Control System, Time Response of Prototype 2nd Order System, Performance Specification of 2nd Order System, Steady-State Errors and Error Constants, Effects of Additions of Poles and Zeros to Open Loop and Closed Loop System, Design Specification of 2nd Order System and Higher-Order System, Performance Indices, Optimal Control System.
Unit III : Time Domain Stability Analysis- Concept of Stability of Linear Systems, Effects of Location of Poles on Stability, Necessary Conditions for Stability, Routh-Hurwitz Stability Criteria, Relative Stability Analysis, Root Locus Concept, Guidelines for Sketching Root-Locus,. Frequency Domain Stability Analysis- Performance Specification in Frequency Domain, Co-relation between frequency Domain and Time Domain, Bode Plot, Minimum-Phase and Non-Minimum Phase System, Polar Plots, Inverse Polar Plot, Nyquist Stability Criterion, Assessment of Relative Stability (Phase Margin, Gain Margin and Stability), Constant-M and N Circle, Nichols Chart.
Unit IV : Approaches to System Design, Types of Compensation, Design of Phase-Lag, Phase Lead and Phase Lead-Lag Compensators in Time and Frequency Domain, Proportional, Derivative, Integral and PID Compensation.
Unit V : Concept of State, State Variables and State Model, State Space Representation of Systems, Block Diagram for State Equation, Transfer Function Decomposition, Solution of State Equation, Transfer Matrix, Relationship between State Equation and Transfer Function, Controllability and Observability.
1. B. C Kuo : Automatic Control System, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi.
2. Nagrath and Gopal : Control System Engineering, New Age International Publishers.
3. Samarjit Ghose : Control Systems Theory and Applications, Pearson Education
4. Distefano; Feedback and Control System (Schaum); TMH
5. B. S. Manke : Linear Control System (with MATLAB Application), Khanna Publishers.
6. Ogata : Modern Control Engineering, PHI
7. AK Mandal : An introduction to Control Engineering – Modeling, Analysis and Design, New Age International Publishers