RAJIV GANDHI PROUDYOGIKI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, BHOPAL
Branch: B.E. Computer Science & Engineering VI Semester.
Course: CS 6515/ CS604 Computer Networking
Unit I Computer Network:
Examples of Networks: Telecommunication Network, Corporate Networks, Connection oriented network i.e., X.25, Frame relay & ATM, Wireless LAN 802.11, internet, Intranet, Extranet, SNA & DNA etc.
Unit II Data Link Layer:
UNIT - IV Network Layer:
1. To study Communication Guiding system
2. To study various types of connectors.
3. To study of different type of LAN equipments.
4. Study and verification of standard Network topologies i.e. Star, Bus, Ring etc
5. LAN installations and their Configurations.
6. To implement various types of error correcting techniques.
7. To implement various types of framing methods.
8. To implement various types of DLL protocols.
9. To study & configure various types of router & Bridges.
10. To implement various types of routing algorithm.
11. To study of Tool Command Language(TCL).
12. Study and Installation of Standard Network Simulator, N.S-2.
13. Study & Simulation of MAC Protocols like Aloha, CSMA, CSMA/CD and CSMA/CA using Standard Network Simulator.
14. Study & Simulation of Routing Protocols using Standard Network Simulator.
15. Study & implementations of VoIP Concepts.
16. Implementation & Comparisons of various types of Cryptographic algorithms.
The purpose of this subject is to cover the underlying concepts and techniques used in Computer Networking. This syllabus provides a comprehensive introduction to computer network, network architecture and protocols.
The students should have thorough exposure in Analog and Digital Communication and Data Communications. Knowledge of Topology and protocol will help in better understanding