Branch: Common Semester BE 1st/2nd semester Syllabus
Electronic components: Introduction to Resistors, Inductors, Capacitors and their color codes, semi-conductors, diodes, V-I-characteristics, various types of diodes, bipolar junction transistors and their working, introduction to CC, CB & CE transistor configurations.
Basic Electronic circuit: Half wave & full wave diode rectifiers, introduction to BJT amplifiers, filters, low pass & high pass filters, band pass & band stop filters. Filter implementation: RC-filters, LC-filters.
Measuring Instruments: Cathode ray oscilloscope, block diagram of CRO & its basic application, multi-meter & its application, LCR-Q meter & its application.
Digital Electronics: Number systems used in digital electronics: decimal, binary, octal, hexadecimal, their complements, operations and conversion, floating point and signed numbers. DeMorgan’s theorem, AND, OR, NOT, NOR, NAND, EX-NOR, EX-OR gates & their representation & truth table, half and full adder circuits, R-S flip flop, J-K flip flop
Integrated Circuits: Advantages of IC’s over analogue circuits, classification of IC’s based on density levels, introduction to monolithic and hybrid ICs, OPAMP, Basic applications of OPAMP like inverting & non-inverting amplifiers, integrator and differentiator. Introduction to 555-Timer and its application.
1. Millmann & Halkias, Integrated Electronics, Tata Mc Graw Hills New Delhi.
2. Shultz- Grobbs Basic Electronics, TMH
3. Millman- Electronic devices and circuits, Tata Mc Graw Hills New Delhi
4. Electronic Devices & Circuits by Devid A. Bell, Princeten Hall, India
5. Hughes, Electrical and electronic technology, Pearson Education.
6. Basic Electronic Engg. By J.S. Katre, Max Publication, Pune.
7. Salivahanan- Electronic devices and Circuits, TMH
8. Zbar- Basic electronics: A Text Lab Manual, TMH.
List of suggestive core experiments:
1. Identification of different Electronics components.
2. Observing input and output waveforms of rectifiers.
3. Transistor application as amplifier and switch.
4. Working of different measuring instruments.
5. Verification of truth table for various gates.