RGPV / RGTU B.E. CM, 4th (IV) Semester syllabus CM-404 Fluid Particle Mechanics Revised syllabus Chemical Engineering(CM)
Tags: RGPV, BE, CM syllabus, Fluid Particle Mechanics syllabus, B.E. Chemical Engineering, CM IV Semester syllabus, CM 4th Semester syllabus, RGPV CM 404 syllabus
B.E. (CM) Chemical Engineering FOURTH IV SEMESTER
CM 404 Fluid Particle Mechanics
Revised Syllabus and Scheme of Examination Effective from July 2007
Unit II Size Reduction: Principles of communication, size reduction; crushing, grinding, pulverizing and ultra fining size reduction equipment, power requirement in communication.
Unit III Mixing: Mixing of solids, Mixing equipment’s, Design & Power requirement of mixers, Mixer effectiveness and mixing index.
Unit IV Separation Principles of Separation techniques for system involving solids, liquids & gases, classification, sedimentation and filtration, Separation equipments.
Unit V Transportation and Handling of Solids Selection of conveying devices for solids: Belt, Chain, Screw – conveyors, Elevators and pneumatic conveying devices; Elementary design aspects of the devices. Visit to Chemical Engg. Industry engaged mainly with Mechanical Operation.
Unit VI Fluidization & Application Particulate & aggregative fluidization, characteristic of fluidized bed due to particle size, size distribution, shape and density, pressure drop through a fluidized bed, Character of dense phase fluidization as revealed by pressure drop fluctuations. Up flow and down flow fluidization, Fluid Catalytic process, bed drying, Mass transfer in fluidized beds.
1. Perry RH & Don WG; PERRY’S CHEMICAL Engineering HAND BOOK; Mc Graw Hill.
2. Murthy; Structures and properties of Engg Materials; TMH
List of Experiments (Pl. expand it):
1. To analyse the given sample by differential, cumulative methods using standard screen.
2. Determination of size and surface area of irregular particles using a measuring gauge.
3. To study the crushing behaviour and to determine the Rittinger’s and Bond’s constant of the given solid in a Jaw crusher
4. To study the crushing behaviour and to determine the Rittinger’s and Bond’s constant of the given solid in a ball mill.