MCA-105 Communication Skills Course Contents:
Meaning and process of communication, importance of effective communication, communication situation, barriers to communication. Objectives of communication, types of communication, principles of communication, essentials of effective communication.
Media of Communication
Written, oral, face-to-tace, visual, audio-Visual, merits and demerits of written and oral communication.
Developing communication skills; Listening; Speaking; Reading-Writing (Oral & Written). Body language; Utility of aids in Communication.
Preparing for oral presentation, conducting presentations; Debates; Seminar; Speeches; Lectures; Interviews; Telephonic Conversation; Negotiations; Group Discussions.
Preparing of bio-data, seminar, paper, bibliography, and official correspondence; Mechanics of writing; Formal & Informal writings, letters; paragraphing, precise, report writing, technical reports, length of written reports, organizing reports, writing technical reports; Creative writing; Common Errors in Language.
1. Rajendra Pal and J.S. Korlahalli “Essentials of Business Communication” , Sultan Chand & Sons
Publishers, New Delhi.
2. U.S.Rai & S.M. Rai “Business Communications” , Himalaya Publishing House.
3. Menzal and D.H. Jones “Writing a technical Paper”, Mc Graw Hill, 1961.
4. Strategy and Skill “Business Communication”, Prentice Hall New Jersey, 1987
5. Scot Ober “Contemporary Business Communication”, Wiley India.
Note : Paper is to be set unit wise with internal choice.