ME 705 Operations Research and Supply Chain Syllabus ME 7th sem RGTU/RGPV Mechanical Engineering(ME) Seventh-7th Sem syllabus
Unit 3 Inventory models: Necessity of inventory in process and safety stock, problem of excess inventory and cycle time (=WIP/ Throughput), JIT/ lean mfg; basic EOQ/ EPQ models for constant review Q-system(S,s); periodic review, base stock P-system; service level, lead time variance and safety stock;; ABC, VED and other analysis based on shelf life, movement, size, MRP technique and calculations, lot sizing in MRP, linking MRP with JIT; evolution of MRP to ERP to SCM and e-business.
Unit 4(a) Waiting Line Models Introduction, Input process, service mechanism, Queue discipline, single server (M/M/1) average length and times by Littles formula, optimum service rate; basic multiple server models (M/M/s)
(b) Competitive strategy: concept and terminology, assumptions, pure and mixed strategies, zero sum games, saddle point, dominance, graphical, algebraic and LP methods for solving game theory problems.
Unit 5: (a) Decision analysis: decision under certainty, risk probability and uncertainty; Hurwicz criteria; AHP- assigning weight and consistency test of AHP
(b) Meta-heuristics Definition of heuristic and meta-heuristic algorithms; introduction to Tabu search, Simulated Annealing and Genetic algorithms and solution of traveling salesman and non linear
1. Hillier FS and Liberman GJ; Introduction to Operations Research concept and cases; TMH
2. Simchi-Levi, Keminsky; Designing and managing the supply chain; TMH.
3. Srinivasan G; Quantitative Models In Operations and SCM; PHI Learning
4. Mohanty RP and Deshmukh SG; Supply Chain Management; Wiley India
5. Taha H; Operations research; PHI
6. Sen RP; Operations Research-Algorithms and Applications; PHI Learning
7. Sharma JK; Operations Research; Macmillan
8. Ravindran , Philips and Solberg; Operations research; Wiley India
9. Vollman, Berry et al; Manufacturing planning and control for SCM; TMH.
10. Bowersox DJ, Closs DJ, Cooper MB; Supply Chain Logisti Mgt; TMH
11. Burt DN, Dobler DW, StarlingSL; World Class SCM; TMH
12. Bronson R ;Theory and problems of OR; Schaum Series; TMH
List of experiments (please expand it):
1. Use computer and software to solve problems contained in the syllabus
2. Case studies in SCM