EX502 Microprocessors & Microcontrollers EX 5th (Fifth) sem Electrical & Electronics Engineering(EX) Syllabus
Introduction to 16-bit 8086 microprocessors, architecture of 8086, Pin Configuration, interrupts, minimum mode and maximum mode, timing diagram, Memory interfacing, Comparative study of Salient features of 8086, 80286 and 80386.
UNIT 2: Microprocessor 8086 programming
Instruction set of 8086, Addressing mode, Assembler directives & operations, assembly and machine language programming, subroutine call and returns, Concept of stack, Stack structure of 8086, timings and delays,
UNIT 3: Input-Output interfacing:
UNIT 4: Microcontroller 8051
Intel family of 8 bit microcontrollers, Architecture of 8051, Pin description, I/O configuration, interrupts; Interrupt structure and interrupt priorities, Port structure and operation, Accessing internal & external memories and different mode of operations, Memory organization, Addressing mode, instruction set of 8051 and programming.
UNIT 5: 8051 Interfacing, Applications and serial communication
8051 interfacing to ADC and DAC, Stepper motor interfacing, Timer/ counter functions, 8051 based thyristor firing circuit, 8051 connections to RS-232, 8051 Serial communication , Serial communication modes, Serial communication programming, Serial port programming in C.
EE-601 Microprocessors & Microcontrollers BOOKS:
1. Hall Douglas V. Microprocessor and interfacing, Programming and Hardware, second edition, Macmillan,
2. Ray A.K., Bhurchandi K.M. , Advance Microprocessor and peripheral, first edition, TMH
3. Kenneth J. Ayala, The 8086 microprocessor: programming and interfacing the PC, Indian edition , CENGAGE Learning.
4. Muhammad Ali Mazidi and Janice Gillespie Mazidi, The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems, Pearson education, 2005.
5. Kenneth J. Ayala , The 8051 Microcontroller Architecture, III edition, CENGAGE Learning.
6. V.Udayashankara and M.S.Mallikarjunaswamy, 8051 Microcontroller, McGraw Hill. McKinlay, The 8051 Microcontroller and Embedded Systems – using assembly and C, PHI, 2006 / Pearson, 2006.