EI7201 Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems EI 7th (Fifth) sem Electronics and Instrumentation(EI) Syllabus
Basic Problem solving methods: Production systems-state space search, control strategies, Heuristic search, forward and backward reasoning, Hill climbing techniques, Breadth first search, Depth first search, Best search, staged search.
Knowledge Representation: Predicate logic, Resolution question Answering, Nonmonotonic Reasoning, statistical and probabilistic reasoning, Semantic Nets, Conceptual Dependency, frames and scripts.
AI languages: Important characteristics of AI languages - PROLOG, LISP.
Introduction to Expert Systems: Structure of an Expert system interaction with an expert, Design of an
Fundamentals of Artificial Neural Network (ANN), perceptrons, Back propagation, Cohenon self organizing network, Hop field networks
- Rich E and Knight K, Artificial Intelligence, TMH New Delhi.
- Nelsson N.J., Principles of Artificial Intelligence, Springer Verlag, Berlin.
- Barr A, Fergenbaub E.A. and Cohen PR. Artificial Intelligence, Addison Wesley, Reading
- Waterman D.A., A guide to Expertsystem, Adision - Wesley, Reading
- Artificial Intelligence Hand book, Vol. 1-2, ISA, Research Triangle Park.
- Kos Ko B, Neural Networks and Fuzzy system –PHI.
- Haykin S, Artificial Neural Networks-Comprehensive Foundation, Asea, Pearson.