EI7101 Safety and Reliability Engineering EI 7th (Fifth) sem Electronics and Instrumentation(EI) Syllabus
Reliability and safety definitions, Risk factor, Classification of failures and protective measures. Safety measurement, Preliminary hazard analysis, Subsystem fault hazard analysis, Common mode failures, codes and standards for safety.
Unit-II : Reliability improvement
Redundancy element, Unit, and stand by optimization-cost trade off- Fault tree analysis-Constructions of Fault tree-Calculations of reliability from fault tree-reliability allocation-evaluation of reliability-test-O.C. curve specifying reliability acceptance test.
Definition of Quality-Quality control design-Product development cycle-Quality planning of manufacturing process-Process selection and control-Inspection and testing-Quality audit-Organizing for quality-Quality function-Quality engineering and quality control-Typical organization for quality : Small scale, Medium scale and Large scale organization.
Distribution, Markov modeling, Stress-strength approach to reliability design, Relationship between MTBF, hazard rate, failure rate, reliability.
Redundancy techniques, examples from Electrical, Nuclear, Chemical and Process Engineering, Elementary Analysis and Estimation techniques.
- Jurian J.M., “Quality V Control Handbook”, McGraw Hill.
- Grant E.L., & Levenworth, “Statistical Quality Control”, McGraw Hill.
- Geedenko B.V., “Mathematical Methods of Reliability Theory”, Academic.
- Mann, Schafer R.E., & Singapurvala N.D., “Mehods for Statistical Analysis of Reliability and Life Date”
- Reigenbaum V., “Total Quality Control”, McGraw Hill.
- Trylot J.R., “Quality Control Systems-Procedures for Planning Quality Programs”.