EI 8403 Advance Industrial Electronics EI 8th (Eight) sem Electronics and Instrumentation(EI) Syllabus
Introduction to modern power conductor devices: Gate turn off thyristor (GTO), Insulated Gate Bipolar Junction Transistor (IGBT), Power BJT, Power MOSFET, MOS controlled thyristor (MCT), Reverse conducting thyristor (RCT), Smart Power Devices (Power ICs) Rating, Static and dynamic
characteristics, Safe operating areas, Protections of devices, Devices selection.
DC to DC conversion, Buck Boost and Buck Boost converters (Circuit Configuration and analysis with different types of loads) Power factor, Harmonics and effect of source inductance in converter circuits. Resonant DC, DC converters. Switched mode power supply (SMPS).
Concept of PWM in converters, Unity power factor converters, Voltage source inverters (VSI), Current source inverters (CSI). Application of VSI and CSI in induction motor control.
Non Drive applications of power electronics inverters, Uninterrupted power supply (UPS), Induction heating, Metal cutting, Active power line conditioning.
Vector controlled and slip power controlled induction motor drives, Application of microprocessor, Micro controllers and DSP in Machine drives.
- MH Rashid, Power Elex, PHI
- J.G. Kassakian, MF Schlecht and G.C. Verghese "Principle of Power Electronics", Reading, MA, Addison Wesley.
- Dubey G.K., " Power Semiconductor Controlled Drives", Engle Wood Cliffe NJ, Prentice Hall.
- DC Griffith, " Uninterruptible power supply", Marcell Dekker, NY.
- P. Vas, "Vector control of AC motors", Oxford Press.